Hi all! My name is Ashley Stone. I have worked primarily in pediatric hospitals for more than 8 years treating patients & completing MBSS. I graduated from Baylor University (Sic ‘Em) with my Bachelor of Science and from the University of Texas at Dallas with my Master of Science in Communication Disorders. I look forward to getting to know you and your patients!
Open House at DiagnosTEX Clinic:
Thursday, February 9th
Come and go as you please
Drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be served
Opportunity to win raffle prizes
View our fluoroscopy suite & equipment
Network with other professionals
Pediatric Modified Barium Swallow Studies: Our outpatient clinic is now open every Friday for pediatric patients of all ages! We have supported seating devices for those that are in need.
Benefits of choosing DiagnosTEX vs a hospital system?
- As of right now, we do not have a wait list.
- Small group of SLPs performing the studies to ensure consistency.
- In most cases, we are able to complete the studies in <60 min from arrival to departure.
- Your patients will leave with a written handout of diet recommendations & any modifications or specifications.
- The referring physician & treating SLP will receive the written report no later than the next business day. No need to go through a Medical Records department.
- DVDs are available for the SLP and/or family for a small fee.
- Quick and easy access to our facility – no parking garages or registration desks to visit.
- Ability to view the patient’s swallow in Anterior-Posterior view, in most cases.
- Smaller clinic to make your patients and families feel more comfortable.
- SLPs are available to answer any questions, even days/weeks after the study
Want to learn more about MBSS or pediatric dysphagia? Consider these courses, or courses similar.
Pediatric Dysphagia: Interpretation of VFSS, Management and Treatment Planning
Presenter: Joan Arvedson, PhD, CCC-SLP, BC-NCD, BCS-S, ASHA Honors & Fellow
Offered by: Northern Speech Services
Developing Critical Thinking Skills in Pediatric Dysphagia: Part 1-3
Presenter: Jennifer Dahms, MS, CCC-SLP, BCS-S
Offered by: Northern Speech Services
AmpCare: Dysphagia therapy that drives better outcomes
Live and On-Demand courses and certification available
*I do not have any personal affiliation with these presenters or companies*
The TSHA Conference is upon us again! It will be hosted in Austin from February 23rd-25th. Registration is open until day of the event.
Ronda Polansky, an SLP and DiagnosTEX owner, will be presenting on Friday, the 24th, from 1:30-3:30pm in Room 19. She will be presenting alongside Lisa Milliken on the topic of ‘Dysphagia in the Cardiopulmonary Patient – Establishing the Best Practice’.
Myself, Ronda, and Pam Ragland (SLP and DiagnosTEX owner) will all be in attendance. Please reach out if you plan on attending the conference. We would love to meet you!
Other Professionals: Do you know a professional (SLP/MD/Social Worker, etc) that might find our services and/or this newsletter beneficial? Please email me with their contact information. I would love to add them to our known contact list.
Patient Referrals: When you are ready to make a referral, please call our office at 817.514.6271. You can locate all of the required paperwork on our website at www.dysphagiadiagnostex.com. We can also email or fax the required paperwork, if necessary. We are always available Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, to answer any questions you may have! If you are unsure if a patient is appropriate, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, and we will be more than happy to answer any and all questions!
I, and the rest of the DiagnosTEX staff, look forward to helping you serve your patients and ensure a safe diet for ALL children.
Keep an eye out for a newsletter each month!